Sunday, January 25, 2009

Where did January go?

Share

Well, my calendar says that it is January 25, but I'm having a hard time believing it. Where has this month gone? It seems like Christmas was just a few days ago...and believe me, by looking at the mess of toys on my floor, you'd understand LOL. Between a three year-old, 3 cats, a dog, and of course my hubby, I can't keep a clean house.
But January isn't quite over yet...you still have almost a week to earn a gorgeous free collab kit from the Color Line Design team! CLD has got to be one of the most generous digi sites out there...all you need to do to receive their collab kits each month is to complete THREE challenges. There are alot of challenges each month, so you're sure to find something that appeals to you. You can find out all the info about it here.

Here are a few pages that I put together this week using Valarie's contribution to this month's kit, Intrigue.

Photobucket
I also used Valarie's Labor of Love blog freebie (hope you snagged it!) and one of Valarie's Build a Page templates on this page...such a help because multi-photo layouts do NOT come natural to me!!!
This sweet little card was also made with the CLD collab, as well as Labor of Love and a Build a Page template. The date element is from Valarie's Dated. I LOVE date elements...they are one of my new favorite digi things.
Photobucket
What else...I think I can share this with you! Valarie has a new kit coming out soon, and I was thrilled to get to play with it this past week. It's called Her First Valentine...here's a bit of a peek at what's inside.
I was so pleased with how this page turned out! I don't generally play with blending modes on photos, but I've been inspired by some great layouts in the ADSR and decided this would be the perfect photo to work with...it is, of course, my DD's first Valentine photo! I will admit that I thought this photo would be perfect for 2 reasons...first being the colors...second (and most important) reason being that she was so young and had no fly away hair to deal with in the extraction process!
Photobucket
And this layout features a much more recent photo...I joked that I should do every layout like this (with one photo in color, and repeated in black & white). I love b/w and sepia toned photos; hubby on the other hand can't stand them. This way, we both get what we like!
Photobucket
And finally, in my journey through Digidom, I have run across a neat website that I want to share with all of you. It's called The Perfect Title, and has lots of different layout title ideas, all sorted into categories. It's fun to look through, and so I thought I'd pass it on to you!
So until next week, Happy Scrapping (and make your back-ups!!!)
stacy

0 comments: