Sunday, February 22, 2009

Laissez les bon temps rouler!!!

Share

Hi again scrappy people! The end of February is quickly approaching, and Mardi Gras celebrations are in full swing. My family has never celebrated the holiday traditionally, but I have been to the Mardi Gras parades in Galveston, and would love to go back someday and take my family.
When I was teaching preschool, I'd celebrate my birthday every year with a Kings Cake and hand out beads and coins to my students. We had our own little Mardi Gras party in the classroom...it was a fun break for the every day routine. I decided just the other day to do the same thing here at home, so while I was out shopping, I picked up a Kings Cake. My hubby had never tried one before, and Rachel certainly hadn't. I'm here to report that the cake was good...hubby loved it, but Rachel was not impressed. But she did snatch the beads and the plastic baby off of the top of the cake, and was pleased as punch!
If you've got some Mardi Gras pics to scrap, or even generic party pics, take a look at this cute little mini kit that Valarie has put together:

Photobucket

You can find this super cute kit at BTST and CLD for only $1 USD.

This is the layout I did of Rachel's first experience with Kings Cake.

Photobucket

And now, one more thing to share...ssssh! Can you keep a secret? Well, I can too LOL!!! Keep your eyes open for something fantastic coming to BTST in the very near future! All I will say is that it's big, it's awesome, and you are going to love it!

Until next time, happy scrapping!

0 comments: