Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blending modes in Photoshop/PSE

Share

Hi everyone,

I hope you had a great weekend. The sun has finally arrived in the South of England, now that I'm back at work. Typical British weather! The Brits talk non stop about the weather because it is sooo changeable. I guess that's where the stereotype of the British carrying an umbrella all the time has come from LOL!

Linking this ramble back to scrappin, this means that I'm not averse to changing the lighting in a lot my photos used in scrappin layouts. There is nothing worse than scrappin an outdoor photo taken in gray light. I'm a great fan in PSE of using the levels adjusment layer to correct bad lighting but I've recently discovered the blending modes can be really useful and more subtle than the levels layer.

I want to share a great site that I came across which explains them really well and is far more useful than my 'Dummies Guide to PSE', which is a marvelous book but tends to get used more as a doorstop these days! The link to the PhotoshopGurus Tutorial blending post is HERE and you might want to check out all their other tutorials dotted around their website.

If you want to take it a step further and cheat, which I often do if I'm in a rush, I can thoroughly recommend all the free actions that can be found on the CoffeShop website. Rita makes the most amazing PS and PSE actions, which are fully adjustable. You can find them on her website HERE. Now because I don't want any of you non PS/PSE users to miss out, Rita also has some great templates and textures for you too. Don't forget to leave her some love because she puts a lot of work into her goodies and is obviously very passionate, creative and sharing with her photo editing goodies

Have fun,

0 comments: